FreeBSD Wireless Acces Point

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Thu Nov 24 23:17:26 GMT 2005

I just picked up a LinkSys WMP55AG, and installed it.  I added the
wlan and ath options to the kernel and rebuilt it with out fail.
I'm running 5.4-STABLE, and this machine is my gateway.  It already
had 2 NICs to handle this.  I know want it to handle any wireless
traffic as well.

I've searched for Wireless Access Point HOW-TOs, and they all seem
to have out dated information.  Suggesting commands that are
depreciated.  None of them show how to set this up in /etc/rc.conf
either, so everything runs at boot.

Does anybody have a recent HOW-TO that will help me set this and
wireless security up?  Or any sort of notes anybody's used in the past.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Happy Holidays!
tdh

--
       \./       |     Tim Holmes  --  em at il: tim at unixtechs.org
      (0Y0)      |         UIN: 17021091  -- AIM: tdh004