SCHED_ULE Scheduler FreeBSD 6 - Release

Russell E. Meek russell at russellmeek.net
Thu Nov 24 05:16:08 GMT 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 05:11:02PM -0500, Russell Meek wrote:
>

>>Is anyone here currently using the *SCHED_ULE* scheduler in a server
>>enviroment, production or non?
>>
>>Pros?  Cons?
>>

>This question has been asked quite often, so you would have done well
>to research the answer before asking :)
>
>It's slower on the workloads I've tested and is not stable on machines
>with many CPUs (e.g. 12).
>
>Kris

Kris,

This question has been asked quite often, so you would have done well
to research the answer before asking  :)

Shitty remark, not wise to jump to conclusions.

Common Sense would dictate that it would be highly retarded for me to
ask a question that I have not at least ever so slightly attempted to
look into.

so you would have done well to research the answer before asking

I see you agree

google.com/bsd is a trusted friend, however not much out there on
performance states between 4BSD and SCHED_ULE on FreeBSD 6 Release.

It's slower on the workloads I've tested and is not stable on machines
with many CPUs (e.g. 12).

That is all I needed. Thanks again for the response.

Russell