FreeBSD 6.0 GENERIC Kernel perfomance

Dmytro Surovtsev sd at buc.com.ua
Wed Nov 23 09:31:52 GMT 2005

Kris,

thanks for reply. I did not provide any special tests for performance, I
catch it just working on my workstation - P-4, 3 GHz, 512 MB.
Long time ago (several monthes) I've used Gentoo Linux, but siwtched to
FreeBSD because of better performance especially when I work in X.
About the port set: what do you mean under "> upgrading your ports
properly"? I've downloaded the ports.tar.gz (about 30M) and untarred it
to /usr/ports. what else?

Dmytro