apache2 php5 mysql4 problems

Brian E. Conklin bconklin at masongeneral.com
Tue Nov 22 15:05:46 GMT 2005

Install php5-mysqli from ports. This will install the correct php5 module for
MySql 4.1 and above and setup your php.ini to load it.

> I have tried various things.  The most successful was to configure php
> with the --with-mysql option. However this did not completelty solve
> my problem. While database access was enabled from a php script, when
> I use  the same codee in a web page to access the same database, my
> browser pops up a window asking if I want to save the file to disk or
> search for a program to deal with the file (suggestion Dreamweaver
> since it a .php file).
>
> Does anybody have the sequence of build commands for making a apache2
> - php5 - mysql, a working web server environment?
>
> I am running 5.4
>
> With thanks

===================================

Mason General Hospital
901 Mt. View Drive
PO Box 1668
Shelton, WA 98584
http://www.masongeneral.com
(360) 426-1611
===================================

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the addressee nor authorized to receive for the addressee, you
are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute
to anyone this message or any information contained in the message. If
you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the message.

Replying to this message constitutes consent to electronic monitoring
of this message.

Thank you.