background fsck

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:19:48 GMT 2005

On 11/21/05, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net> wrote:
> what is the rule to decide if filesystem may be background checked or not?
>
> for example my / is checked foreground, while /home checked background.
>
> can't root partition be background checked too?

On my laptop, if I'm in a hurry to get back up after a crash, I either
boot single user and log out instantly, or boot regularly and hit
Ctrl+C when the system begins fscking.  Either of these cause / to be
background fscked a few minutes after I'm up.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.