apache2 php5 mysql4 problems

Jack Cheung jackcsk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:35:13 GMT 2005

Just curious:
When you installed the php5-extensions, did you do a make config?
Also, my /usr/local/etc/apache2/Includes/php.conf has following 2 lines:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

If you have those 2 "AddType" lines in your conf file, does your
/usr/local/apache2/httpd.conf
contains the line "Include etc/apache2/Includes/*.conf"?
Also, did you restart Apache2 ?

On 11/21/05, Robert Munn <munn at isca.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I have been successfuly running apache2 as a web server with php5 as a
> module. Recently I needed access to a database so I tried to upgrade
> my system by adding mysql4 as the database server.
>
> I had installed apache2 and php5 from the ports. Previously I would
> install php5-extensions to build the mysql module for php.
>
> After failing get the resulting php to recognize the mysql_ database
> calls in php I noticed that the php5-extensions no longer build the
> mysql extensions.
>
> I have tried various things. The most successful was to configure php
> with the --with-mysql option. However this did not completelty solve
> my problem. While database access was enabled from a php script, when
> I use the same codee in a web page to access the same database, my
> browser pops up a window asking if I want to save the file to disk or
> search for a program to deal with the file (suggestion Dreamweaver
> since it a .php file).
>
> Does anybody have the sequence of build commands for making a apache2
> - php5 - mysql, a working web server environment?
>
> I am running 5.4
>
> With thanks

GnuPG: 1024D/1F48375F
http://www.jackcheung.com/jack_pub.gpg