iSCSI support

Josh Endries josh at endries.org
Mon Nov 21 22:53:03 GMT 2005

I read in the status report that work is being done on iSCSI, which
is awesome. We're putting in a SAN at work, starting at probably 8 TB
and growing. I'm currently looking at a Coraid AoE
(ATA-over-Ethernet) solution since it seems to have good support for
FreeBSD and Windows drivers in the works. On the other hand, iSCSI
has Windows support and FreeBSD in the works.

Has anyone out there had experience with either iSCSI or Coraid/AoE
on FreeBSD for a SAN? I'd like to know what NICs/HBAs and stuff works
well and what doesn't, if anyone has experience with it.

Thanks,
Josh