How do I re-format 'dangerously dedicated' drive?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Nov 21 20:35:10 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:26:33PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
:
: > I don't have an MS-DOS floppy, and I think my CDROM isn't booting because the
: > HD is 'dangerously dedicated,' even though it is a bootable CD and the BIOS is
: > set to boot it first.
:
: That wouldn't be relevant.  The BIOS is lying to you, or isn't capable
: of booting this particular CD.

I found that NetBSD doesn't boot from CD, FreeBSD 5.4 does, older DragonFly
does not, but newer DFly does.  I have no idea why, but my laptop doesn't like
some CDROMs for booting.

jm