Port overrides for multiple installs.

Lewis Thompson lewiz at compsoc.man.ac.uk
Sat Nov 19 17:15:59 GMT 2005

Hi,

I would like to run Mailman on a dedicated mail box.  While Mailman
supports virtual domains it cannot provide, say, admin at dom1 and
admin at dom2 from the same installation.

I plan to run Mailman on about three domains and have considered ways to
tie this into the ports system.  My idea is basically:

create the mail/mailman-dom1 port which is something like:

PKGNAMESUFFIX=  -dom1
MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../mailman
MM_DIR=         mailman/dom1
MM_USERNAME=    mailman-dom1

While this will work (and moving the mailman.sh file via pkgtools.conf)
it will only work for a single installation, afaik.

So my question is:  how can I allow mailman to be installed n times
without overwriting the database, files, etc.?

Thanks very much,

-Lewis Thompson.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:lewiz at fajita.org | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-