Question about programming graphics

tim cle tim1timau at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 13:30:18 GMT 2005

--- Murray Taylor <MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

Port description for graphics/svgalib

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/graphics/svgalib/pkg-descr

This is a low level console graphics library,
originally based on VGAlib 1.2 by Tommy Frandsen.
VGAlib supported a number of standard VGA graphics
modes, as well as high resolution/high color modes on
many popular graphics adapters.  As of now, support
for many more chipsets had been added.

It supports transparent virtual console switching,
that is, you can switch consoles to and from text and
graphics mode consoles using Alt-[function key]. Also,
SVGAlib corrects most of VGAlib's textmode corruption
behavior by catching SIGSEGV, SIGFPE, SIGILL, and
other fatal signals and ensuring that a program is
running in the currently visible virtual console
before setting a graphics mode.

WWW: http://www.svgalib.org/