Svein Halvor Halvorsen
svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Fri Nov 18 11:52:18 GMT 2005
I'm in the process of employing the following backup scheme:
1) Take a snapshot using mksnap_ffs
2) Mount the snapshot
3) rsync the mounted snapshot to a remote server
4) Unmount and delete local snapshot
5) Take a new snapshot on the remote computer
6) Rotate old snapshots
7) Somehow export the snapshots back to the original computer
So I've got 1-6 working. This gived my a space efficient backup system,
remotely stored. As to pt. 7, I was thinking of using NFS, but since the
remote server is behind NAT, this seems unfeasible. So now what?
NFS over VPN? ggated/ggatec? Other solutions?
More information about the freebsd-questions