Monitoring a program

guru at Sisis.de guru at Sisis.de
Fri Nov 18 10:01:13 GMT 2005

El día Thursday, November 17, 2005 a las 06:12:22PM +0000, db escribió:

> On Thursday 17 November 2005 09:42, guru at sisis.de wrote:
> > with 'lsof' you can see the actual situation; with 'truss' you
> > may investigate in detail all sys calls (like opening files)
>
> Thanks, I also found /devel/strace which looks good :-)

Yes, I know strace for a long of time from Linux and was always
happy about it because it has better features than truss of SVR4
and FreeBSD; I did not know that it was ported to FreeBSD as well;

now I've installed it on my 5.4-REL and there is a small bug
which is fixed already, see:

without that small patch strace hangs if you fire it up
with the command on the commandline like:

$ strace date

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
Gruenwalder Weg 28g / D-82041 Oberhaching