EM64T supported?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Nov 18 01:18:57 GMT 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 5:35 PM, RW wrote:

> On Thursday 17 November 2005 19:14, Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
>> EM64T is Intel's 64-bit processor architecture. It uses 64 bit
>> registers
>> so it gets around the 4GB limit. It is very similar to AMD64
>> architecture ...
>

> IA-64 was Intel's 64-bit architecture.

IA-64 is one of Intel's architectures.

> EM64T is Intel's attempt to make AMD64
> compatible processors.

EM64T is another of Intels 64bit architectures.  Happens to be
(mostly) compatible with AMD 64 bit but it is Intel's.  Intel may
have been inspired (read copied) AMDs, but AMD's is called something
else.  "is" as in "belongs to", not as in "developed by".  AMD calls
theirs something different and I believe the opcode mnemonics are
different.

Chad

> Credit where credit's due.

---