rcorder on 6.0

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Wed Nov 16 23:17:40 GMT 2005

I find this a bit odd and would like someone to kindly explain it.
While looking at rcorder on /etc/rc.d/*  I noticed this start order:

/etc/rc.d/ppp-user
/etc/rc.d/ipfw
/etc/rc.d/nsswitch
/etc/rc.d/ip6addrctl
/etc/rc.d/atm2
/etc/rc.d/pfsync
/etc/rc.d/pflog
/etc/rc.d/pf

..how I interepret this is that userland 'pppoe' is starting before
pfsync/pflog and pf. - Am I correct?

This is exactly the opposite of openbsd.

I think I can figure out a way to re-arrange these so that ppp-user
starts AFTER the pf stuff...is there any reason this is done this way?

Thanks for any clarification on this

--
J.D. Bronson
Information Services

-Taco Bell is *not* the Mexican Telephone Company-