Creating bootable DOS floppy w/FreeBSD

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Wed Nov 16 19:44:29 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm stuck... I need a bootable DOS floppy (for BIOS upgrade) to fix a
broken Windows box.

I have no problem formatting and putting an msdosfs on a floppy but it
appears I cannot make it bootable with native tools.

I tried emulators/mtools mformat, but it doesn't create bootable media.
I even installed emulators/qemu and installed Win98 into it but format
fails trying to format the host's floppy.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch here, does anyone know how do create a
bootable DOS floppy using just FreeBSD and/or it's ports?

--
Regards,
Doug