ports db a mess after portsnap fetch/update

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Nov 14 21:11:23 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 12:39 pm, Hans Nieser wrote:
> Hans Nieser wrote:
> .> Hi list,
>

> [... huge complaint about stale dependencies ...]
>
> My apologies, in my frustration I sent this out without properly
> investigating, seems all I had to do was install the ports mentioned
> in the pkgdb output about the stale dependencies and run pkgdb -F
> again to fix it for me.
>
> I'm still kind of wondering how it got that way, but at least I got
> it all fixed again without having to do anything drastic like
> pkg_deinstall * _______________________________________________

You can manually build the missing ones. You don't need to deinstall the
port with the stale dependancy.

I think portupgrade checks first and then tells you to do the -F update.
I hit this area at various stages of the gnome_update. The script
deleted ports and then died before they were added back. The database
then had loose ends and wanted you to fix them with the -F. The
-recover option worked most of the time and that was good enough, most
of the time :). The other 3 or 4 times, I did a manual build of the
missing port.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart