SOLVED: package contains missing "libgmodule"
kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Nov 14 20:17:06 GMT 2005
On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 09:33:49PM -0500, My mailing Lists wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Michael. Of course, you are right. I should have been
> more specific. I had reinstalled glib version 2, but that did not solve my
> problem. Just to be double sure, after I read your email, I reinstalled
> glibc-2.8.3 AGAIN, but still got the error.
> Your email got me thinking. I wanted to do:
> find / -iname libgmodule*
> This would search for every file named libgmodule* in the file system on the
> version of find that I've found on linux systems. I kept boinking the BSD
> version, so I ran:
> $ find / | grep libgmodule*
> I added a link and tried artsd:
> $ ls -l libgmodule*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 8220 Nov 13 19:02 libgmodule-2.0.a
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 13 19:02 libgmodule-2.0.so ->
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12701 Nov 13 19:02 libgmodule-2.0.so.0
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 13 21:11 libgmodule-2.0.so.600 ->
> This time, I got the same exact error, but for the library:
> I added a link to libgthread-2.9.so.0.
> $ ls -l libgthread*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 12668 Nov 13 19:02 libgthread-2.0.a
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 13 19:02 libgthread-2.0.so ->
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 17820 Nov 13 19:02 libgthread-2.0.so.0
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 13 21:14 libgthread-2.0.so.600 ->
> Now, artsd and everything else is happy. I have sound on KDE. I don't know
> if the missing links are the result of something I deinstalled, but shouldn't
> a reinstall of the port or package recreate those links? I am not trying to
> complain, just want to figure out if I stumbled on a bug, or if these is just
> another instance of me boinking my own system.
The problem is that you have ports that rely on the OLDER version of
the library than that installed by the current port. This is because
you didn't upgrade them properly. When you upgrade a port like glib,
you need to also upgrade everything that depends on glib. The easiest
way to do this is using a tool like portupgrade (Michael will tell you
to use portmanager :-)
P.S. The symlinks you created may cause the application to be
unstable, since the new and old libraries are not identical and do not
have the same interface.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20051114/bb816ff0/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-questions