xterm conflicts with xorg-clients

Eric Ekong eric at unixtechs.org
Mon Nov 14 17:46:41 GMT 2005

Check /usr/ports/UPDATING.  There should be a fairly recent
entry discussing how to deal with this. Actually it is the first
listing in /usr/ports/UPDATING....

20051113:
  AFFECTS: users of x11/xterm, x11/xorg-clients, x11/XFree86-4-clients
  AUTHOR: x11 at FreeBSD.org

  Xterm no longer installs with '-static' prefix. Users should upgrade
  XFree86-clients to 4.5.0_1 or xorg-clients to 6.8.2_1 or newer before
  attempting upgrade of xterm to 206_1 or newer. Previous versions
remove
  xterm on deinstall so CONFLICTS have been set accordingly.

Eric
* Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> [051114 12:22]: