Help: Asus P5WD2 mobo and ITE IDE controller problem

Murray Taylor MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Sun Nov 13 23:59:18 GMT 2005

I believe that it is 'enabled' in that there is a momentary flash
of the ITE scanning and I think the disk is found as I reckon I
can catch something like this

??? 0: ST3300????      UDMA?
??? 1:
??? 2:
??? 3:

where the ? are characters I havent caught.

But it never appears in the BIOS report. And the installer certainly
doesnt talk to it at all.

> > The mobo has a SATA port as well, and the question is
> >
> > Does 5.4 support SATA drives for install?
>
> Yes.
>
> Roland
> --

mjt
The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.