How to use pam_group?

James O'Gorman jamesog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:36:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

[Please keep me CC:d as I'm not subscribed]

I've been trying to use pam_group.so to limit who can login to various
services such as FTP and IMAP, but I can't seem to get it working.

For example, I took the stock /etc/pam.d/ftp and added:

auth	requisite	pam_group.so	group=ftpusers fail_safe

after the auth pam_unix.so line, but with this line in there, no-one
can login to FTP, not even users in ftpusers, but if I comment out
that line, obviously everyone can login.

I've tried required/requisite but neither work.

Can anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

This is on 6.0-RELEASE.

Thanks,

James