RELENG_6 cvsup returns 6.0-RC1

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Nov 11 23:30:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 06:07:13PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 02:54:11PM -0800, Frank Jahnke wrote:
> > > I just ran a cvsup with a tag of RELENG_6 and rebuilt world/kernel.
> > > After installing kernel/world and subsequent reboot, I expected to see
> > > a kernel labeled:
> > >
> > >        FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE
> > >
> > > but am instead seeing:
> > >
> > >        FreeBSD 6.0-RC1
> > >
> > > I double-checked my supfile and my tag is indeed RELENG_6.
> >
> > Set your tag to RELENG_6_0 and all will be well.
>
> No, that's the release branch.  RELENG_6 indeed should work as he
> expects.  Is anyone else able to confirm that this cvsup server is
> handing out old files?

Yes, I just tried the cvsup server he said he was using
(cvsup8.us.freebsd.org) and does indeed hand out old files, as if it hasn't
been updated in quite a while.

To the OP:  Use another cvsup server.  The one you have been using seem to
have problems.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson