Better laptop support in 6.0?

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Fri Nov 11 10:24:39 GMT 2005

A while back I spent a lot of time trying to get FreeBSD 5.3 working on
my Toshiba Satellite Pro M10 laptop with no success. I was wondering if
version 6 adds anything that would be more likely to make it possible to
install FreeBSD on my laptop? I currently use it on a server system with
no problems and it would be nice to have it on another system as well.
I've found the hardware support for desktop machines to be good, but
when it comes to laptops it seems to be a pain to get even the CDs to
boot sometimes - though NetBSD and various Linux distributions work.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk