FreeBSD 6 DVD

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:40:17 GMT 2005

On 11/10/05, stefanos sofroniou <ssofroni at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> I would like to know when you will release the official FreeBSD 6 DVD so I
> can purchase it from FreeBSDMall. Also I want to know what is including
> this DVD. I think must be like other UNIX-like environments that have all
> the OS files plus some extra software that you can download them from the
> Internet. If so I will be very happy. I am using FreeBSD for a few months
> and up to now I am very satisfied with its usage. Also recommend me some
> good books how to administer or install properly a FreeBSD server.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Stefanos Sofroniou

FreeBSD 6.0 DVD's will be released by several vendors
and will likely contain just what you said plus live fs.
You can find a list of vendors (not complete) here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors.html

The FreeBSD Handbook is the reference guide:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Browse through the whole documentation section of
www.freebsd.org, there are lots of invaluable info there.

Among other sources, these books are a bit outdate,
but they are kind of must-have classics for all who love
FreeBSD:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596005164
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1886411743
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201702452

There are dozens of other great FreeBSD-dedicated and
FreeBSD-related books on Amazon.