Good idea or Bad idea?

Blake Darche blake.darche at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:10:40 GMT 2005

-fomit-frame-pointer IS EVIL.  Do not use it.  portupgrade won't build
with it, cause ruby hates -fomit-frame-pointer.  I would just do a
fresh binary install.  6.0 is quite an amazing release...  The speed
is remarkable.  My machine goes way faster than it did before.

I am using the following CFLAGS successfully with xorg and XFCE4:
CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -ffast-math
CPUTYPE=p4

I can't speak to building FreeBSD from source.  I build all my ports
from source, but didn't bother building the world from source...