Upgrading to 6.0 - Would this backup strategy work?

Richard Collyer richard at firebadger.net
Thu Nov 10 11:48:29 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm thinking of upgrading my 5.4 box to 6.0 mainly becuase I've never done
a buildworld I've always installed a fresh. The box is not production
quality just something for me to learn BSD on.

I have a 7006-2 3ware raid controller miroring on 2 drives. If I was to
remove one of the drives and then do the upgrade if the upgrade was
successful I could put the other drive in a build the array again.

If it failedi could use the old drive to rebuild a working system quickly.

Anyone see any issues with this?

Cheers
Richard

--