Configuring default 6.0 install to send mail

Brooke Landers brooke.84 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 02:37:33 GMT 2005

Hello list. I am learning FreeBSD and I'd like to know how to configure
Sendmail to simply forward mail although it seems it's doing this by
default. I can send mail, but it's being rejected since
mylocalhost.mydomain.com doesn't resolve. I'm using internal hosts that will
never have DNS entries.

I'm looking for somewhere where I can specify that user at mylocalhost can send
mail as user at mydomain.com. I'm pretty sure that my mail would be accepted if
I can do this.

I don't want to set up a mail server, I'd just like to know how I can get my
logs and admin mail forwarded to an external address. I apologize for not
sending this to a sendmail list, but I figured there may be something simple
and specific to FreeBSD that I have overlooked.

Thank you for any help :)
BL