vb6/mssql server and php/mysql applications

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Wed Nov 9 13:11:31 GMT 2005

Depends entirely on the VB App portion; MySQL and php/apache perform VERY well
on FreeBSD, but (generally speaking) you cannot run any server-side stuff
written in VB6. If your VB6 code runs entirely on a client machine running
windows, and only connects to the MySQL server, then yes - it will work, and is
in fact something I do quite often.

You'll need the MySQL ODBC connector, (MyODBC 3.51), and a connection string as
appropriate to your database/server for an ADO connection... but nonetheless it
does work, and it works well too (speaking from experience).

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.