Any Default Firewall Installed?

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 02:14:20 GMT 2005

On 11/8/05, Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie at outstep.com> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a fresh FreeBSD 4.11 server installed with multiple IP's and am
> wondering if there is some type of default firewall running?

I don't believe there will be a firewall running unless you have
specifically enabled it.  Statements to do so would appear in
/etc/rc.conf

> The problem is that after logging in, can not telnet to either localhost
> or to one of the IP's, but can telnet to the other IP that is assigned
> to the server.
>
> For this particular project and as needed by some particular software
> that I have installed, I need to be able to telnet to all of the IP's
> and also have SSH installed.
>
> I can only telnet to 1 of the 2 IP's.
>
> How can I fix this?

Answering this will probably require more details of your
configuration.  The contents of /etc/rc.conf and the output of
"ifconfig" would be a good start.  You may wish to obfuscate any
public IP numbers that appear in that information.

- Bob