how to setup DNS server and making sub-domains in DSL server
Edwin D. Vinas
xmisoy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:39:01 GMT 2005
I need your help please.
On my personal FreeBSD server connected to an ISP with static IP address,
I'm planning to setup several websites with their own sub-domains from my
main domain as shown below. I just want to know some answers to my questions
before I start.
Main domain: www.exampledomain.ph <http://www.exampledomain.ph>
I want to use BIND together with my Apache virtual hosting in one single
These are my questions:
1) Is it correct that I only need to register or pay for the main domain?
2) Is it correct that through my local DNS server, I can add sub hosts (sub1
to sub3) without anymore registering those sub domains and pay for them in
my main domain provider?
3) Provided that I already have successfully setup my local DNS server,
Apache virtual hosting and main domain activated, is it straightforward that
I can already access the sub domains (i.e., websites) from the Internet?
4) Do I need to register sub1, sub2 and sub3 in any external domain
5) Can you provide some sample configs if you are already doing this setup?
Thank you in advance!
More information about the freebsd-questions