Realtek ethernet problem

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Sun Nov 6 15:28:50 GMT 2005

> I've some problem (can't ping etc) with rl (Realtek Ethernet
> Manufacture), if I installing that ethernet on the one CPU
> rl0 & rl, either that ethernet can't be use. Whereas rl0 &
> rl1 has been active if I use `ifconfig` command. If I droping
> one of them from my CPU, ethernet can use again. Would you
> give information with this situation

I'm in a hurry, but a quick suggestion. This problem *may* crop up if
you incidentally try to apply an IP to a NIC that is currently in use on
the network.

With both NIC's installed and activated, please reply the list with the
output of the following commands:

# ifconfig -a
# uname -a
# netstat -rn

...then, do the same with only one NIC installed at a time. Comparing
the differences may be able to give us more clues to the problem here.

Regards,

Steve