Problems with php-4

Mike Loiterman mike at ascendency.net
Sun Nov 6 04:37:01 GMT 2005

Just finished upgrading to 6, so I rebuilt all my ports to use the new
libraries with portupgrade.  All built fine except for two:

** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
         ! devel/pear-PEAR (pear-PEAR-1.3.5_1)   (unknown build error)
         * databases/pear-DB (pear-DB-1.7.6,1)
 --->  Packages processed: 171 done, 0 ignored, 1 skipped and 1 failed

php4-DB depends on PEAR, so I fix PEAR, and I fix the other one...I hope.

Anyway, when I try to rebuild php4-PEAR this is the error I get:

===>    Verifying install for pear in /usr/ports/devel/php4-pear
 This port requires the CLI or the CGI version of PHP, but you have
 already installed a conflicting PHP port without them.
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports/devel/php4-pear.
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/pear-Archive_Tar.
 *** Error code 1

I have mod_php4 installed which is incomptaible with php4-cli /
pgp4-cgi...so how can I get around this?

Mike Loiterman
grantADLER
Tel: 630-302-4944
Fax: 773-442-0992