"/usr/local/bin/pg_config: not found" Error msg Running Portsdb -Uu

Bob Perry rperry at gti.net
Sat Nov 5 04:58:29 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

Just cvsup'd my system (5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0:) and rec'd
the following error msg:

==>root at homey:/var/db> portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait../usr/local/bin/pg_config: not found
"Makefile", line 47: warning: "/usr/local/bin/pg_config --includedir"
returned non-zero status
/usr/local/bin/pg_config: not found
"Makefile", line 48: warning: "/usr/local/bin/pg_config --libdir"
returned non-zero status
Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: freeciv-gtk2-2.0.6
 Done.
done

Duplicate entries appear often but I'm not familiar with the Makefile
warnings.  Would appreciate any assistance in determining first steps
for resolving them.  Already researched Google -FreeBSD and the mailing
list archive for the most recent 25 questions.

Thnx,
Bob Perry