MySQL port not d/loading

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:38:00 PST 2005

On 11/4/05, tim cle <tim1timau at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi again, I have successfully installed MySQL - but
> the mirror system still doesnt seem right - it went
> through all the mirrors, and wouldn't d/l from them -
> then it finally worked from the main bsd ftp site -
> I've put the output underneath - note this is what I
> got when I did another test run after already d/l it -
> it has been like this for at least a day now.
> Regards, Tim.
>
> Note that it does finally succeed from the last site
> (main ftp for bsd) so the fetch/ftp is working ok -
> just not with the other sites.

It seems to be a purely networking issue. I haven't
heard of any major outages in Australia lately, but
with US Tier-1 ISP's fighting and all - it kinda
doesn't come as a surprise.

Start with ensuring that your Internet connection is
OK, then try accessing the sites that failed - and
if they fail again, call your ISP support.