Upcoming FreeBSD releases...

martinko martinkov at pobox.sk
Fri Nov 4 00:02:42 GMT 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:07:09AM +0100, martinko wrote:
>
>>Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>>5.5 will be a few months after 6.0, i.e. perhaps not before the
>>>beginning of next year.
>>>
>>>Kris
>>
>>hi,
>>
>>as far as i understand minor releases are supposed to be 4-6 months
>>apart. this should be the new release model announced. am i wrong? or
>>has it changed? or is it influenced by something? (6.0-R?)
>>it might be useful, imho, to set/show a roadmap with at least
>>approximate release dates.
>

> Yes, since 6.0 took a long time it will push back the rest of the
> published schedule to some extent.
>
> Kris

ok, i understand.

but where is the schedule published ??
i fail to locate it on the web site. all i can find are current and old
releases and an incomplete schedule for "upcoming" 6.0 (about which i
just "complained" in other thread btw).

martin

ps: it's a pity this isn't updated anymore --
http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ -- is there any other (comparable) source of
information pls ??