New Logo

Peter Clutton peterclutton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:16:36 PST 2005

On 11/2/05, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> [...]

You are embarrassing yourself. Greg is a great contributor to freebsd,
who also just made probably the first mature post on this topic.
Making it a personal attack makes you look like a baby.

I hope some of the people acting the same way aren't representative of
the freebsd community. So much is said about the mature community of
freebsd and so much derision often directed to linux script kiddies.
Well this post makes me long to read a list of slashdot replies.

And if you're referring using the beastie on his book The Complete
FreeBSD, I hardly think it was responsible for it's success. Might
have something to do with being one of the best books on FreeBSD
sysadmin out there at the moment. Can't comment on his other books,
haven't read them.

Anyway I'm sure he could defend himself, not that he needs to. The
point is, why is everyone making things personal? Like a personal
attack on the artist who made the logo? If you don't like a piece of
art, or music, it doesn't mean the artist or composer is a loser, it's
just your personal opinion. If you say you don't like it, people
respect your opinion. If you make an unnecessary, scathing, frothing
at the mouth personal attack, people realise you must have some vested
interest that makes you so critical.