Broken port ? : mysql50-server.tar.gz

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Nov 1 21:33:08 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:26:27AM -0500, Ian Lord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the port from here:
> http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/databases/mysql50-server/mysql50-server.tar.gz?tarball=1
>
> when I try to use make, I get the following error output:
>
> ~~~~~
> ===>   mysql-server-5.0.15 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libtool15 - found
> ===>   mysql-server-5.0.15 depends on shared library: mysqlclient.14
> - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for mysqlclient.14 in
> /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-client

As you can see here, it tried to install another required port:

> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> => mysql-5.0.2-alpha.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.

But your copy of this port was a version from 9 months ago.

It's not really a good idea to try to download individual port
directories like this, because most ports depend on several others
that you also need to keep up-to-date.  Either install or update the
full ports collection, or use the precompiled packages (e.g. pkg_add
-r).

Kris