The best scripts ever (trick or treat)

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Nov 1 14:21:09 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:12:56PM -0600, Eric F Crist wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >	What's the best way of suggesting that we (fbsd.org) support a
> >page of
> >	"best scripts"??
> >
> >	(Another beneficial project that would only require
> >	mailing in a function or n functions would be to submit
> >	functions that do a given task.  A few lines of description
> >	and example use, of course.)
> >
> >	gary
> >
> >	PS:  I've cc'd www with this.  If anybody is interested,
> >	     let's discuss it.  --At least a collection of
> >	     best /bin/sh scripts.
>

> It's been too long since I contributed... I'd be willing to discuss
> and perhaps help out in some manner with a project like this.

	I think if you point at bsd.thought.org you'll find
	a stub; it was to have been for a BSD sysadmin book.
	Ran out of steam.   Anyway, like everybody doing this
	kind of volunteer work, I've got negative time:-)
	But the space for some text-only scripts.

	Let's say we request people submit only their sh script
	(to start).   What would the format need to be so that
	a script could parse email and auto-HTML the script?'

	I suggested a few headers [in all CAPS]; what else?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix