buildworld

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Tue Nov 1 13:37:38 PST 2005

On 1 Nov 2005, at 21:11, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2005-11-01 20:26, eoghan <freebsd at redry.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> Is there a way to tell which freebsd buildworld will make?
>>

> You can guess by looking at:
>
>     /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
>
> This will give the version of the kernel, which may not be that useful
> for branches that change often, like CURRENT.  It's a good
> indication of
> what branch you're building though.
>
> The value of __FreeBSD_version from /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h is also a
> useful number to have.
>
> - Giorgos

Thank you Giorgos
Let me re-phrase the other part of my question... Given the example
supfile:

*default tag=.
*default host=cvsup99.FreeBSD.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/var/db
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

src-all

This will update to freeBSD-CURRENT
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-
stable.html#CURRENT
How would I modify this supfile to update to 5.4-RELEASE?

Thanks
Eoghan