ftp server frustrating

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue May 31 21:40:31 GMT 2005

On 2005-05-31 13:48, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 13:37,  the author Glenn Dawson contributed to the
> dialogue on-
>  Re: ftp server frustrating:
>
> >Name (62.243.72.50:glenn): ftp
> >421 Disconnecting you since you didn't login successfully within 15 seconds.
> >ftp: Login failed.
> >ftp>
>
> I just keep asking why does any of them need to be set at 15 seconds. Why not
> set both to a time greater tha say 45 seconds. At least that makes manual
> login possible.
>
> It is that simple

No that's not simple, sorry.  That's whining that I find totally useless.

Just hit RETURN when prompted for a password.  *THAT* is simple :-)

I honestly fail to see how all this whining helps improve the state of
the FTP server or in any way advances the state of FreeBSD as a
community.  Why can't you just hit RETURN and be done with it?