php/apache/ssl core dumps

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:33:21 PDT 2005

Hi Ruben,

I have been experiencing the same thing, both by using the ports and
by building manually from source. I prefer to build from source, as I
find the ports tree to be a bit difficult to use when it comes to the
way it handles PHP stuff.

At any rate, I solved my problem by not building mod_ssl as a shared
module. Statically compiled, I no longer get the crashes. Perhaps the
ports tree has an option to build mod_ssl this way...

Patrick