jdk 1.3.1 in FreeBSD

Xu Qiang Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Mon May 30 20:44:08 PDT 2005

Vizion wrote:
> I have the sources - I could email them to you

I have found compat4x-i386-5.3.tbz in FreeBSD 5.3 Disc 1. I "tar jxvf" the library files into /lib/compat4x. And make some symbolic links:
ln -s compat4x/libc.so.4
ln -s compat4x/libm.so.2 (This one is also required by the package diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0.tgz)

After that, I run "java -version" again, but it throwed out a segmentation fault and dumped core. :(
# java -version
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

And when I use gdb to trace the core file, it can't recognize the file format:
# gdb java java.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"..."/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/java": not in executable format: File format not recognized

Core was generated by `java'.
#0  0x280ee35a in ?? ()
(gdb)

Any help?