Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun May 29 00:05:15 PDT 2005

Wrong.  Each IDE cable can have 2 devices a master and a slave.  So if
you
have 2 IDE controllers you can have master, slave, master, slave for a
total
of 4 drives.

It is not master on ide cable 1, slave on ide cable 2.

>It is correctly detected by the BIOS as the Secondary Slave.

Meaningless since BIOS routines do a lot of non-standard things and are
not used for disk access in a protected mode OS.

Ted