Hardware RAID Cards..

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Thu May 26 14:27:13 PDT 2005

Just be careful on what card you choose.  Aside from simply making sure
there are drivers for it, you also have to check on the little things.

Like, oh, being able to non-destructively grow the size of the RAID5
array.

I bought a Promise SX6000.  I have 3 200GB drives that will be in RAID5.
If I wish to add a 4th, it can't add it to the array.  I have to destory
the array and start over.

Like I said, the little things. :\

Also, remember that growfs is your friend.

Tony