fsck on startup

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Thu May 26 00:26:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure what is causing this, but virtually -every- unclean system shutdown
results in my server asking for the root password to run fsck manually, and this
is a co-located server in a remote datacenter which I unfortunately can not get
to as easily as I would want.

Is there anyway to tell rc.conf or sysctl or anything else to get bsd to not
pause for the root password???  Don't ask me why, but this has happened twice
already now in one week that the system would for some reason just do a cold
restart, and then sit at the startup waiting for the passwords....

This is 5.4-STABLE on a P4 3.4GHz 1GB Ram.

--
Chris.