USB 2.0 (ehci) and Intel ICH5 in 5.4?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed May 25 09:23:26 PDT 2005

I have some questions about 5.4 RELEASE.  Particularly USB 2.0 support.

I'm currently running 5.3 RELEASE-p3 on a newer Dell system (Dimension
8300) with an "Intel 82801EB (ICH5) USB controller USB-B" running on
uhci0 - uhci3.  USB 1.0 support works fine, but I would like to kick it
up a notch.  When I tried the ehci driver on this system, I got a kernel
panic.

Anyone using this particular USB controller with FreeBSD and getting the
ehci driver to work?

If so, what version of FreeBSD, and what, if anything did you have to do
to get it working?

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Alden's Laws:
  (1)  Giving away baby clothes and furniture is the major cause of pregnancy.
  (2)  Always be backlit.
  (3)  Sit down whenever possible.