Use older port

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Wed May 25 06:09:30 PDT 2005

I have two ways of doing it.  I'm not claiming either/or is the 'right'
way.

1.  Go to another machine running an older version from ports, cd to its
directory in the ports tree and type 'make package'.  copy the newly
created tbz to your 5.4 box and run pkg_add on it.  You'll have to do a
pkg_delete on the old one first.

2.  Use portdowngrade.  You'll have to set the environment variable for
CVS_RSH=ssh and set CVSROOT according to the anonymous cvs instructions
from the handbook.  Once you've done this, run portdowngrade on rrdtool,
and you'll be given a list of older versions to downgrade to.  It takes a
bit to generate the full list, so be patient.

Tony