Booting from a flash card

Jamie Ostrowski jamie at gnulife.org
Tue May 24 15:32:16 PDT 2005

   I've got a Ricoh (Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge) with a 1Gb PCMCIA
Compact Flash card. I'd like to install FreeBSD on the flash card and to
be able to boot with the flash. The problem I am running into is that my
BIOS doesn't recognize the flash card as a boot device.

   Is there any way to run with a FreeBSD system (4.11) off of a flash
card rather than a hard drive? Any way to boot up with the flash card?

   Thanks,

    - Jamie

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)