Articles, Tutorials & hardware setting in loader.conf

vdm.fbsd at virgilio.it vdm.fbsd at virgilio.it
Tue May 24 08:33:17 PDT 2005

As a newbye I just need a pointer, a hint to the following two subjects:

1) Where can I find a clear explanationt on how to use the many, multilingual
articles, books, tutorials and documentation coming with a standard 5.4
version (in sgml format). In a nutshell, how can I obtain a "readable" article
or tutorial starting fron those files?

2) Trying to solve a problem with my touchpad mouse I had to add hw.psm.flags="0x100"
into /boot/loader.conf. I tried hard googling to find a complete explanation
on those commands that I understand prevent from rebuilding  kernels with
specific options, but I only met fragmentary stuff not a complete view on
the subject. Have you anything to suggest?

Vittorio