Tuning Hard Disks

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon May 23 22:52:19 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:47:21PM -0700, Benjamin Keating wrote:

(please don't top-post.)

> Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. How did you learn
> about these tools? From the pages i've read (most of) the handbook, I
> didn't see it mention them.

I came across one of the control programs in a manual page, and then I
used ls to look for others:

slackbox:~$ ls /usr/sbin/*control
/usr/sbin/ancontrol  /usr/sbin/kbdcontrol /usr/sbin/raycontrol
/usr/sbin/cdcontrol  /usr/sbin/l2control  /usr/sbin/sdpcontrol
/usr/sbin/fdcontrol  /usr/sbin/lptcontrol /usr/sbin/sicontrol
/usr/sbin/fwcontrol  /usr/sbin/memcontrol /usr/sbin/vidcontrol
/usr/sbin/hccontrol  /usr/sbin/mlxcontrol /usr/sbin/wicontrol
slackbox:~$ ls /sbin/*control
/sbin/atacontrol  /sbin/comcontrol  /sbin/spppcontrol
/sbin/camcontrol  /sbin/conscontrol

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.