uname -a output does not change after kernel upgrade

freebsd-questions freebsd-questions at it-solutions.lv
Sat May 21 13:03:56 PDT 2005

Daniel,

How can I now which kernel is loaded?

I'm actually struggling with RAID-1 and gmirror issue
that I wanted to ask when 'uname -a' issue is fixed.

Here is --- cat /boot/loader.conf --
geom_mirror_load="YES"
kern.geom.mirror.debug=2
kern.geom.mirror.timeout=0

I remembered that I had created /boot.config file
with following content, but now when I checked it,
ir was not there.

--- cat /boot.config ---
1:ad(6,a)/boot/loader

It looks like you ar right and I realy have booted
the old kernel. Because when I wanted
to remove second hdd from mirror I got such a result:

server# gmirror forget /dev/ad4s1
Userland and kernel parts are out of sync.

Is it better that I start new conversation with new Subject
and describe how I got all this mess?
It is connected with gmirror I'm using and the problem that I could not
get it up and running properly.

Thanks for help!
Jurgis